As promised, we would like to share the good news with our fans:
On December 18, 2019, Georgia and South Africa Rugby Unions signed an 11-year cooperation agreement, which covers
- Participation of a Georgian franchise in a club tournament organized by South Africa Rugby Union (Currie Cup);
- Close cooperation between South African and Georgian rugby academies;
- Cooperation between South African and Georgian national teams (including national teams, Georgia XV, sevens and age-grade teams: U15, U17, U18 and U20) which implies joint training and warm-up matches;
- Capacity-building of Georgian coaches, referees, administrators and other rugby specialists with the assistance of South Africa Rugby Union;
- Fostering the development of cooperation between Georgian and South African rugby clubs;
- Organizing of joint tournaments both in Georgia and in South Africa.
The Agreement was signed yesterday by Mark Alexander, President of South Africa Rugby Union, and Gocha Svanidze, President of Georgia Rugby Union.
We would like to congratulate Georgian rugby players, rugby specialists and fans on this important step forward, which will considerably speed up the development of Georgian rugby.